How we use your data for recruitment
Our commitment to job applicants
At DOMO we are an equal opportunities employer, and treat all applicants fairly without discrimination.
We are committed to managing your personal information securely and with respect in accordance with the General Data Protection requirements.
The information we collect may cover the following:
- Information that you provide when you apply for a role. This includes information provided through an online job site, via email, in person at interviews and/or by any other method.
- In particular, We process personal details such as name, email address, address, telephone number, date of birth, qualifications, experience, information relating to your employment history, skills experience that you provide to us.
- If you contact DOMO, We may keep a record of that correspondence.
- A record of your progress through any hiring process that we may conduct.
- Health records (assessment forms, health questionnaires) where required as part of the role;
- Disclosure and barring record;
- References from the names referees that the applicant provides and only with the applicant’s consent;
- Visa and proof of the right to work in the UK documents;
We may also collect, store and use “special categories” of more sensitive personal data which require a higher level of protection such as Information about your race or ethnicity, religious beliefs, sexual orientation and political opinions. Also information about criminal convictions and offences.
Purpose of collection
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To consider your application in respect of a role for which you have applied.
- To consider your application in respect of other roles.
- To communicate with you in respect of the recruitment process.
- To enhance any information that we receive from you with information obtained from third party data providers.
- We may sometimes collect additional information background check agencies such as credit reference agencies.
How information is held
Most information is transmitted via our People system BambooHR. We also use Google Cloud Services (G Suite) for secure email and cloud-based document storage.
All this information can only be accessed by authorised People Team staff, or hiring managers. Our staff are trained to understand the importance of keeping personal data secure. Our computers are safeguarded by anti-virus software and the regular changing of security passwords.
The information on candidates for specific roles will be held for 12 months in line with CIPD recommended best practice. After which computer records will be deleted. Only if we have asked, and you have given your consent for the data to be held will this not apply.
Your personal data will be seen internally by managers, the People Team and, in some circumstances (if you join us) colleagues. Where necessary, we will pass your data outside the organisation, for example to people you are dealing with and background checking agencies or disclosure to organisations that process data on our behalf such as our payroll service, insurers and other benefit providers, our bank and organisations that host our IT systems and data. This would normally occur if you accept an offer from us and would be carried out as part of the on-boarding process.
You have specific rights in connection with personal information: request access to your personal information; request correction of the personal information that we hold about you; request erasure of your personal information; object to processing of your personal information where we are relying on a legitimate interest; request the restriction of processing of your personal information; request the transfer of your personal information to another party and the right to withdraw consent.
This Recruitment Privacy Notice does not form part of any contract of employment you might enter into and does not create contractual rights or obligations. It may be amended by us at any time.
How to contact us
If you have any questions or concerns about our use of your personal information, please contact us using the following details: DOMO, Arclight House, 3 Unity St, Bristol, BS1 5HH or email email@example.com
The data controller of your personal information is DOMO.